The MarineForum is the professional journal of the German Maritime Institute and the German Naval Officers' Association (Marine-Offizier-Vereinigung). As a reader of the MarineForum you will always be updated on world maritime affairs, e.g. through the Daily News page on its English website.
The MarineForum is an independent, non-partisan magazine. As such it is neither supported directly nor indirectly by any German government agency. Given this independence the magazine is a forum for open and controversial discussions.
MarineForum's emphasis is on maritime aspects of (not only German) security policy, technology, science, economy, and history. The journal publishes articles on:
- Military defence and security
- German and international navies
- Shipbuilding, research and development
- Armaments and defence economy
- Maritime economy
- Oceanography, polar research and environmental protection
- Maritime history
- Literature pertinent to these subjects.